Thursday, December 9, 2010

Critical Thinking Blog 5

After my study in this course of Brains, Minds, and Consciousness I have learned many great things about cloning, robotics, and advanced technology. But my feeling about all three things remains the same, I am against human cloning and cordial on the use of cloning for other things and about robotics I’m starting to accept that they are become much more advanced and useful to our society nowadays but my thought that they won’t ever have the same consciousness as humans has not changed. David Gelernter states that "Here is an unfortunate truth: today's mainstream ideas about humans and artifical intelligence thought lead nowhere" (202). I agree with Gelernter because like I mentioned earlier  there is no way that robots can gain consciousness like humans have, humans are structured in such diversity, nothing can mimic us exactly, close maybe but not one hundred percent successfully. The main debate about human cloning is that it will destroy our uniqueness and identity. Many fictional stories that discuss  human cloning has opened our eyes to the possibilities of downfalls we will face if this act is allowed through the works of  Churchill's A Number and Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go. The best part about this cluster was that all the other courses has correspondingly been related to one another’s cirrculum, this fact has allowed me and other students stay well attached and interested. Thanks a well organized and caring English professor, a generous and caring psych professor and a professor who mastered philosophy I was able to soak in the most knowledge from this cluster  more than my first cluster experience. Challenges to learn the importance in the basic course this semester has allowed to me to take each milestone successfully, thus far. I want to thank Professor Dragan, Professor Brown, and Professor Beaty for all working together to make this semester a successful term!


No comments:

Post a Comment